English Schools Table Tennis Association
English Schools Table Tennis Association –
What is ESTTA? The ESTTA is a member of the National Council for School Sport (NCSS) and has been organised to advance and offer support to the playing of table tennis within schools. The English Schools Table Tennis Association aims to achieve the following:
- To encourage, promote and improve the playing of table tennis within schools in England
- To promote the develop the Local and County Schools’ Table Tennis Associations
- The ESTTA is responsible for organising the National School Team Championships and the National Individual Championships in Under 19/16/13/11 ages groups for boys and girls
- To promote intra and inter school competitions by liaising with School Sport Partnerships, their Partnership Development Managers, School Sport Co-ordinators, Primary Link Teachers and Competition Managers
- The ESTTA works together with the ETTA to encourage the development of table tennis within school, as part of a combined programme for young people
- To choose representative teams that will play in the following:
- The International School Sport Federation (ISF) biennial World Schools’ Championships (Under 17) for champion school teams & selected teams
- The Annual School’s Home Countries Invitation International Championships in Under 18/16/14 age groups
- The British Primary Championships (Under 11)
- The UK School Games (in partnership with the ETTA)
The ESTTA website allows you to view a full calendar of table tennis events in schools and colleges throughout England as well as the General Annual Meetings that are held. Incredibly useful information such as details of the Butterfly ‘More Schools’ Project Toolkit can also be found on the ESTTA website.
The Butterfly ‘More Schools’ Project Toolkit was launched in 2008 and it basically consists of a range of materials for either starting or developing table tennis in Primary and Secondary Schools in England. There are many other interesting and helpful things that have been provided by ESTTA, such as Achievement Certificate templates to encourage pupils.
We have selected products that we think would be ideal for school and college use, to view these products please click the following links: